Lijie Grace Zhang’s Lab
The Bioengineering Laboratory for Nanomedicine and Tissue Engineering
Lijie Grace Zhang, Ph.D.
Department of Medicine
Institute for Biomedical Engineering
Institute for Nanotechnology
Center for Biomimetics and Bioinspired Engineering
The George Washington University
· 3D Bioprinting for Cartilage, Neural and Vascular Tissue Regenerations
· Biologically Inspired Nanomaterials
· Breast Cancer Metastatic Bone Model
· Sustained and Targeted Nano Drug Delivery Systems
· Stem Cell Engineering
· Ph.D. Biomedical Engineering, Brown University, 2009
· M.S. Applied Chemistry, Tianjin University China, 2004
· B.S. Chemical Engineering, Tianjin University China, 2001
· Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard-MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology, 2010
· Rice University, Department of Bioengineering, 2009
HONORS AND AWARDS
· CTSI-CN Research Award for Mentored Collaborative Pilot Studies that Promote Integration of Clinical and Research Efforts at GW/MFA, 2013
· Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Award, 2011
· Young Investigator Award from ASBMR Forum on Aging and Skeletal Health, 2011
· John Haddad Young Investigator Award from American Society for Bone and Mineral Research (ASBMR), 2011
· Pilot Project Award in the Clinical and Translational Science Institute at Children's National (CTSI-CN), 2011
· Early Career Award from International Journal of Nanomedicine and American Society of Nanomedicine, 2010
· Winner of the 2010-2011 Interdisciplinary Research Fund Competition of GW Institute for Biomedical Engineering, 2010
· Who's Who in America, 2010
· Joukowsky Family Foundation Outstanding Dissertation Award, 2009.
· Sigma Xi Award for Excellent Research and High Potential for Further Contributions to Science, 2009
· STAR Award of Society for Biomaterials Annual Meeting (San Antonio), 2009
· STAR Award of Society for Biomaterials Annual Meeting (Chicago), 2007
· Edward Mason Fellowship at Brown University, 2005-2006
· American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
· American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
· American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS)
· American Chemical Society (ACS)
· American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)
· American Society for Bone and Mineral Research (ASBMR)
· American Society for Nanomedicine (ASNM)
· Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES)
· Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers-Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (IEEE-EMBS)
· Materials Research Society (MRS)
· Sigma Xi (The Scientific Research Society)
· Society For Biomaterials (SFB)
· Spring 2014, MAE 6204 Tissue Engineering
· Fall 2013, MAE 6238 Biomaterials & MAE 4168 Introduction of Biomaterials
· Spring 2013, MAE 6204: Tissue Engineering
· Fall 2012, MAE 6238 Biomaterials & MAE 4168 Introduction of Biomaterials
· Spring 2012, MAE 6291-10: Tissue Engineering
· Fall 2011, MAE 6238: Biomaterials
· Spring 2011, MAE 6291: Biomaterials and Regenerative Medicine
· Fall 2010, MAE 238: Biomaterials
· Future courses:
· Stem Cell Engineering
· Symposium chair of Nano to Micro Technologies—Diagnostics session, 2014 BMES Annual Meeting, San Antonio, TX, October 22-25, 2014.
· Poster session chair of Tissue Engineering—Scaffolds and Surfaces for Tissue Engineering session, 2014 BMES Annual Meeting, San Antonio, TX, October 22-25, 2014.
· Symposium chair of Skin and Wound Healing and Inflammation, 2014 TERMIS-AM Annual Conference and Exposition, Washington, DC, December 14-16, 2014.
· Symposium chair of Nanomaterials for Biomedical Applications, the 51st Society of Engineering Science (SES) Annual Technical Meeting, West Lafayette, IN, Oct 1-3, 2014.
· Symposium chair of Vibration and Acoustics in Biomedical Applications, 2013 ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, San Diego, CA, Nov 15-21, 2013.
· Symposium chair of Musculoskeletal Tissue Engineering, 2013 BMES Annual Meeting, Seattle, WA, September 25-28, 2013.
· Symposium chair of Musculoskeletal and Orthopedic Tissue Engineering, 2012 BMES Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA, October 24-27, 2012.
· Symposium chair of Host Response to Biomaterials, 2011 BMES Annual Meeting, Hartford, October 12-15, 2011.
· Symposium chair and symposium proceeding volume editor, Symposium 21: Nanomaterials for Biomedical Applications, the XIX International Materials Research Congress, Cancun, Mexico, August 15-20, 2010.