Required Texts: Academic Writers Handbook (with subscription to My Comp Lab) - Leonard J. Rosen (Buy this text online here. You will need to purchase the text, set up an account and then join the course. To Purchase the Course Handbook and Access to My CompLab:
1. Under "Register or Buy Access" click on "Students".
2. Click on "I need to buy access"
3. Click on "E-Book Version"
4. Choose: Rosen "The Academic Writer's Handbook, 2/e"
5. Create a Login Name and password for yourself.
6. Complete your purchase.
After you have purchased access you will need to join the course.
1. Login in at the main page - www.mycomplab.com
2. Click on "Join Your Instructor's Course" (the course name is "Celebrity, Fame and Fandom - Fall 2010") and then "Continue"
3. When prompted enter the Course ID: larsen111108C
4. You will then see a welcome screen.
(Note: you can access a video tutorial on how to buy and register for MyCompLab here.)
In addition to these texts you will periodically be assigned readings that will be uploaded to Blackboard and linked to the Schedule.
Following is a list of sources you *may* want to consider when you begin to think about fame and celebrity in modern culture. This is merely meant to get you started and is by no means an exhaustive list. As the semester unfolds we will collectively be adding to this list.